Coronavirus: Jens Spahn announces emergency aid for clinics

Coronavirus: Jens Spahn announces emergency aid for clinics



Billions of dollars in aid are to prevent German clinics from getting into financial difficulties due to the corona crisis. This is to be ensured by legal plans that the cabinet launched on Monday. Health Minister Jens Spahn announced the details on Monday. The points at a glance:

  • For each bed now kept free, there should be a daily flat rate of 560 euros.

  • For every new intensive care treatment unit with artificial ventilation, clinics should receive a 50,000 euro bonus.

  • In order to compensate for additional costs for protective equipment, for example, for the period from April to the end of June there should also be a surcharge of initially 50 euros for each patient.

The background to this is that hospitals should initially suspend operations and new admissions that can be planned, if medically justifiable. This is intended to free up capacities in order to be prepared for many corona patients with more severe disease courses. In addition, the number of 28,000 intensive care beds to date will be doubled. The federal government calculates only for the compensation of the postponement of scheduled OPs with possible additional expenditure of 2.8 billion euros.

“It will still be difficult”

The package also stipulates that students who help to overcome the crisis do not have to count the wages against their student loans. They shouldn’t be punished for their efforts, said Spahn. Medical students are particularly affected. “It will still be difficult,” said the minister. “This epidemic remains a major challenge.”

In rapid training, staff are prepared to intervene in an emergency in an emergency if necessary. “The best bed capacity is of no use to the hospital if there are no staff.”

The cabinet had previously adopted an unprecedented aid package to support families, tenants, employees, the self-employed, and businesses. To this end, the cabinet decided on a supplementary budget with a new debt of around 156 billion euros.

In a telephone booth, the federal and state governments had already agreed on Sunday afternoon to decide on a comprehensive ban on contact. Chancellor Angela Merkel (CDU) and the state premiers agreed on a nine-point plan that, among other things, stipulates that gatherings of more than two people who do not live together in a household should be temporarily prohibited.

Icon: The mirror



Source link

Related articles

North Korea tests rockets again - DER SPIEGEL

North Korea tests rockets again – DER SPIEGEL

North Korea has apparently tested missiles again. The South Korean military said that two missiles flew over the country after their successive launches in the west of North Korea and then plunged into the water off the east coast. Accordingly, it is probably a short-range ballistic missile. The South Korean military also condemned the test […]

Life imprisonment for Utrecht's shooters

Life imprisonment for Utrecht’s shooters

The Dutchman Gökmen T. has been sentenced to life in prison for the terrorist attack in a tram in the Netherlands. A court in Utrecht found the 38-year-old guilty of “cold-bloodedly” killing four people in the Dutch city in March last year for terrorist reasons. The court thus complied with the prosecutor’s request. A review […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *